We are offering a Thomas Jefferson’s Birthday Special for our last few reservations.
We are just a little over a week away from our next On the Road culinary adventures tour to Virginia (April 21st – 23rd) and are thrilled to be headed to this beautiful part of the country. Spring has finally arrived and everything is in bloom. In fact, it is Historic Garden Week across the state of Virginia. What better way to celebrate than to visit and dine outdoors at Manakintowne Specialty Growers and in the historic orchard at Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello!
Thomas Jefferson’s 270th birthday is this Saturday, April 13th, so we are offering special pricing for you to join us on this truly once in a lifetime tour to Jefferson’s Virginia.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Farm dinner at Manakintowne Specialty Growers with three of the region’s best chefs (Walter Bundy – Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel; Lee Gregory – The Roosevelt; and Aaron Cross – Fossett’s at Keswick Hall), featuring produce from the farm, Virginia Coast reserve clams and heirloom oysters from Shooting Point Oyster Co., early season soft shell crabs, and award-winning wines from Barboursville Vineyards with winemaker Luca Paschina.
- Private tour of the historic gardens and grounds at Monticello and Thomas Jefferson’s home with the Director of Gardens and Grounds and one of Virginia’s early wine pioneers, Gabriele Rausse. We will harvest produce for our luncheon in the orchard prepared by Chef Dean Maupin (C&O Restaurant), which will be paired with a special Virginia Viognier by Virginia Wineworks, and sample Jefferson’s favorite wine, Madiera.
- An evening of fine dining at Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel with a tasting menu and wine pairings prepared especially for our group by Executive Chef Walter Bundy.
- Tour and tasting at Olli Salumeria with cured meat artisan, Oliviero Colmignoli.
The menus for the first two events have been finalized and we are in for a real treat. As always, with our tours, the chefs have truly gone above and beyond what we could have ever anticipated to make this an extraordinary event.
While enjoying outstanding food and wines, we will also learn from these passionate farmers, chefs, winemakers, artisans, and historians about what makes this region of Central Virginia so special.
Jefferson’s Birthday Special – Buy one ticket at full price of $750 and the second ticket will be half off ($375). A single ticket is $600.
This price includes:
- All of the meals mentioned above, including taxes, wine, and gratuities
- Round-trip transportation to and from The Jefferson Hotel (Richmond) to Monticello
- The price of touring the gardens and home at Monticello
- The tour and tasting at Olli Salumeria
If you require overnight accommodations, The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond is offering a special rate of $155 per room per night for our guests. Please contact us for details.
To book this trip, please call (404) 380-1010 or email us at OTRculinaryadventures@gmail.com.
We look forward to having you join us for springtime in Virginia!