Media Coverage on our upcoming book with Chef Anthony Lamas, Southern Heat (release date Fall 2015 by The Taunton Press)
- Article in Dish in the Louisville Courier-Journal – by July 23, 2014
- Television appearance on Great Day Live – WHAS11 in Louisville, KY – August 25, 2014
- Finalist for a James Beard Journalism Award for Best Individual Blog 2012
- Featured on AlmostLanding.com, Food Good Enough to Travel For – April 15, 2015
- Featured in first issue of AAA Travelers Universe Magazine, Foodies Corner (available on iPad and iPhone)
- Article “Classic City Travel – Amsterdam” was published in the July-August 2014 online issue of World Spa & Travel Magazine
- Article “Luxury Cruises – Sailing with Grandeur” was published in the May-June 2014 online issue of World Spa & Travel magazine
- Named as one of the Gulf Coast Seafood’s Top 100 Bloggers
- Listed as one of the Top 25 Culinary Travel Bloggers to follow in 2014 by FlipKey
- Underbelly- Gastronomical Journalism issue #2 ‘Soul & Comfort’ won the top honors award in the Food Journals category at the Midwest Publishing Awards Show in Chicago, Illinois. My article in this edition was “The Heart of Soul Food.”
- Article on the Olli Salumeria website about our On The Road culinary adventures tour to Virginia April 2013
- Published in Underbelly – Gastronomical Journalism’s #2 ‘Soul & Comfort.
- Featured in the 2013 BB&T Charleston Wine & Food Festival’s Day 3 Recap at Pinot Envy Uncorked for the Lambs & Clams Original Recipe Contest
- Winner of the 2013 BB&T Charleston Wine & Food Festival’s Lambs & Clams Original Recipe Contest
- Article about Bunkycooks.com in NashvilleScene.com
- Participated in the Charleston Wine & Food Festivals 2013 Ultimate Critics Dinner Party as a guest critic
- Featured on HuffPost Taste in their article on Classic French Recipes to Cook at Home
- Article on InsiderLouisville.com about our On The Road culinary adventures tour in Louisville October 15-17, 2012
- Article in CourierJournal.com (Louisville) about our On The Road culinary adventures tour in Louisville October 15-17, 2012 (page 2)
- Featured on Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group’s Cooking section with Lidia’s Favorite Recipes and Lidia Bastianich’s recipe for Sole Meunière
- Featured on Homepage of lidiasitaly.com in rotator (August 2012) and on Lidia’s Blog for Sole Meunière recipe from Lidia’s Favorite Recipes
- Featured on Lidia’s Blog on lidiasitaly.com with our article on Friuli
- Atlantans Among James Beard Finalists – John Kessler, Food and More Blog in the AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- Food Blog of the Week on Gourmet.com
- Feature on BonAppetit.com in their What People are Cooking column
- Article from interview with Chef Dena Marino was in The Miami Herald
- Article on InsiderLouisville.com about our On The Road culinary adventures tour to Louisville September 18-20, 2011
- Photo of Paella from Bunkycooks.com was featured on the front page of the Food Section of the LA Times March 31, 2011 with an article about Tastespotting.com
- Best of the Blogs feature on FineCooking.com
- Article on Food Blog Forum Atlanta and Bunkycooks in the AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution) Food and More Blog by John Kessler
- Article on Bunkycooks in The Highlander, Highlands, North Carolina
- Article on Bunkycooks in the Bright Side Paper, Smyrna, Georgia
As Seen On
My pictures and recipes are featured on:
I planned and hosted Food Blog Forum Atlanta with Jaden Hair (Steamy Kitchen) and Diane Cu and Todd Porter (White on Rice Couple) in September 2010. This was the first ever food blogger’s conference to take place in the Southeast.
I attended Camp Blogaway in May 2010.
I participated in a panel discussion on Social Media at the annual conference of the ANA (Agritourism Networking Association) of North Carolina in Pinehurst, NC – February 2011
I attended Go Savor in Savannah, Georgia in March 2011.
I attended BlogHer Food in Atlanta, Georgia in May 2011.
I attended IFBC in New Orleans August 2011. I also presented in a panel discussion about Ethics and Integrity in Blogging at IFBC.
I attended Food Blog South in Birmingham, Alabama in January 2014 and spoke on the topic of Building a Better Blog.